It's Only A Redirection


It’s Only a Redirection

 

I wasn’t accidently made, my life has purpose. What purpose, Gods.  Once I realize that, it all made sense.  I am the youngest of three children, the only girl.  Sadly enough both of my brothers are deceased.  But, growing up as a child I can remember having my way.  Fortunately enough my brothers and my dad allowed me to.  Spoiled is the termed they used to describe me.  Whatever I wanted I always had three options to get it.

          So here I am, without both brothers and my dad.  Recently as I was looking in the mirror I felt the need   to cry; but couldn’t.  I thought for a moment why do I even want to cry.  I wasn’t sad; I had a blessed life with the three of them, never wanting for anything.  Then I had a  aww-haa moment; you know the one when you finally get the pieces to fit in the puzzle.  I had discovered that they had been placed in my life for an appointed time and for an appointed purpose by God.  For those years I was blessed to have them in my life I realized  I had placed them in high regard;  I sought  direction, guidance and  I found I myself even taking for granted  that they would supply me  with the abundance of life simply for the asking.


    John 14:13-14 New Living Translation (NLT) 13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! That scripture………that was the key to my breakthrough.  I finally understood that the physical presents of my family members enabled me to gain material things, have my way; kept me from being punished for things I was guilty of doing.  My big brothers stepped in to rescue me. In their eyes although they knew my short comings they felt I was worth protecting.  In return I would do the same for them.  They covered me. 

        So how did I recognize my breakthrough, well, it wasn’t easy. There was a process of elimination.  I had a case of the D’s.  Death was the first process of elimination.   Not only had my love ones died, but I had to allow other things to die around me.  My siblings and my father’s death was not my choice, but my dependence on them had to die.  I had to become independent, and learn to take care of me.   Divorce was my second D, my choice not to fight, for what was already dead.  Sometimes the best thing to do is to free yourself from captivity.  I have often read that some people are only in your life for a season, let go when their time is up.  I did.  But, finally there was Desertion; for a moment I felt alone. I had been through it all, which brought me to the point of Desperation.

        It is true what they say “If God is all you have, then, God is all you need”.   Once I understood that, I felt a sense of relief.  My family meant the world to me, and every day I miss their presence. Their time is up and their absence has truly placed me in a position to fall back in love with God.  I understand that all I have endured was a part of my journey.  Just like a GPS I had been redirected.  Once broad and carefree, now narrow and focused. 
 Matthew 7:13-14 New International Version (NIV) 13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

          I have found my way, my purpose in life.  Death, Divorce and Desertion was once the Direction I traveled.  Today my Faith, gives me a Future that has allowed me to become Fearless and Fierce.  I have discovered the things that we once thought defined us are the very things that cripple us. Situations, people and uncertainties can stunt our growth. Leave that at the altar.

  Accept the redirecting of your life, bury the dead (but hold on to the pleasant memories), separate and divorce the temporal things in your life (something’s and some people can’t go where you are going) and when you feel you have been deserted (remember God will never leave you or forsake you). Follow the narrow, sometimes its only room for you, no baggage, and no traveling companions. Just you and the Lord; he will lead you where he wants you to go.

 
                        By: PYMS’s Voice

 

         

         

       

Comments

Popular Posts