Poetry Month.......



          April has been designated as “Poetry Month”; it was organized in 1996 by the Academy Of American Poets.  Poetry is my life, a way that I allow myself to be transparent.  Writing poetry gives way to my inner voice.  Poetry allows me to express who I am and what I believe in.  It allows me to see a picture and express how I see it.
          Poetry is like art, it captures the artist view of life which may not necessarily be how others may see it.  It is a gift of expression, your expression.  It gives vision to a blind situation, life to death, and hope in sorrow.  Poetry allows you to travel to places far beyond your reach. It allows you to laugh and cry, to bond with your surroundings, it also causes you to remove yourself from the crowd.  It can separate your thoughts from a realistic view and create what you would envision something to be. 
          Take a moment and look at a painting, a building, or look in the mirror.  Write what you see, and then think of what is not seen.  Make it rhyme or not. Make it funny or not.  Look deep; instead of seeing your eyes as brown, look at what’s in your heart, your soul.  Write about what matters to you, experiences you’ve had, rather good or bad.
Writing is a tool I use to unleash my inner spirit, sometimes in anger I write to release my tension and then shred the paper.  It is therapeutic, it works. Words are powerful, even the bible says in Proverbs 18:21 (KJV)
21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”   
Poems, short stories, books are things that we can use to escape the struggles of life.  Take a moment this month to get away and write a few things down, journal, read, and rewrite.  You will be surprise at a skill, a gift you never knew you had.  Life has enough challenges, wouldn’t you love to simply get away.  No time are money to travel, I’m sure there is a book about it; if not write about it.  Take the time to read or write, or read and write you can explore countless possibilities.


PYMS Voice

 

 

                                         

 

 

         

Comments

Popular Posts