Train



Poetry has always been my outlet.  One day I was siting at a railroad track in my neighborhood waiting on the train to pass.  It was at a time in my life of uncertainty, when this poem began to flow from my mouth.  As the train went by I began to see that circumstances come to pass in your life.  Soon the train passed and I was able to continue my journey.  Such as with the obstacles in our lives, we can go on with God.



Isaiah 41:10 New International Version
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Train
What do I do when the train is coming?
I was standing on the track
My life flashed before me
As I thought, did I live like that?
Did I live my life in bondage?
Too afraid to share my dreams
Could have soared just like an eagle
But never used my wings.
 
Here I stand my legs are trembling
As warm tears drenched my face
The presence of death was visible
And fear invaded my space
I stood starring at that train
So sure that I would die
No hero there to save me
No time to say goodbye
 
Then Calmness fell upon me
A voice whispered in my ear
That’s not a train that’s coming
There is nothing for you to fear
I heard you screaming out my name
And so I took the evening train
If I had come right away
You’d thought your strength had saved the day
 
I waited til there was nothing else to do
But cry for me to rescue you
So I lifted your head and I dried your eyes
Gave you wings as eagles
My child you can fly
Your burdens are lifted
You have inner peace
What was lost, I gave Increase
 
Chains are now broken
Dreams can come true
Released from your struggles
Your life is brand new
Your story re-written
I say how it ends
Remember, I am your God
Now your life can begin.




Comments

Popular Posts