Happy New Year!




"Through the Lords mercies we are not consumed; because his compassion  fail not. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness."

Lamentations 3:22-23


I know what you're saying, I hear you.  New Year, New You! Really? Why do need to wait until New Years Eve to prepare to make ourselves better. I hear you, with all the resolutions, challenges and efforts to somehow, magically make the changes we didn't make all year. May I, thanks, don't mind if I do.

No challenges, no resolutions.  But instead a daily goal, yes one day at a time.  To make better choices than I did the day before,  For instance, if I eat one healthy meal, than tomorrow I will eat two healthy meals.  If I read one chapter in my bible, that tomorrow I'll read a chapter and a half.  Until I realize one day at a time has become one week, then one month and before you know it is 2018. 

The Lord shares with us in his word that each morning his mercies are new, which means each morning we wake up is another opportunity to be better, to do better.  Even if I don't do as well as yesterday, guess what God has showed compassion on us and gives us new mercies. New chances, new opportunities! Because of his grace and mercy, I am compelled to do better.  To be a better me, whether its a new year or a new day.

So its not my plan to be new, but to be more like he that has both compassion and mercy toward me.  Whatever you plans are for the coming year; to stop smoking, lose weight, read your Bible more or whatever it may be.  Remember that old saying, "How do you eat a elephant, one bite at a time";  and how do you become better, simply by doing better, making better choices one day at a time.

Happy New Year to all of you, and I pray God continued compassion and mercies every morning. 

PYMS Voice


Comments

Popular Posts