Image Of God!



"So God created human beings in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them"

Genesis 1:27 (NLT)



Imitations, Impersonations, trying to be who others are and not what we were created to be.  Seems as if  we put so much effort into attempting to please and impress people who could actually care less about who we are and what we do.  All of us are born with a gift, and yet we fail to execute it.  If we were not privileged to  have been born with the more popular showcased talents as singers or dancers, if we are not the stars of the show somehow we automatically assume we have no talent.

Seriously whatever God has gifted you to do; singing, dancing, speaking, teaching, cooking, cleaning the joy of your gift should not be focused on what you do but in doing it giving "Glory to God". That may seem a little strange, but think about it, gifts are from God. 

I know its January the time we prepare to make changes, so many of us want to have a fresh start in life.  Daily I am praying for the things in my jar (5 things in my jar)  But if I can just get that first one down the others will fall into place.

I honestly believe that if we take a moment to understand the scripture Genesis 1:27, First that God created us, Second in his own image and Third male and female he created us.  The very first book of the bible in detail lines out all that was created, he didn't come back later to say he left something out.

I can never condone any ones decision of how to live their life, all I can say is what God said.  I'm guilty as sin if I try to judge anyone, when the bible clearly states all have sin.  I'm definitely in that all circle.  But let me say this, no I didn't make any new years resolutions, and no I'm not trying to be like anyone else.  Of course I recognize many changes that need to be made in my life, but it has nothing to do with being more like anyone else.

The more I study the scripture, the more I realize I can't be concern about what you are doing, I myself  look in the mirror and don't see me being in the image of God.  I'm working on me; from the inside out.  So no I'm not available for confusion, pettiness, envy or drama.  No I don't want to look like, act like or talk like you. 

This year I'm to busy, acting like, talking like and trying to look like the Lord.  I hear you saying 2017 is  your year; your year to do what? As for me this year the assignment on my life takes precedence over everything.  Just don't want to be caught with my work undone.


PYMS Voice

Comments

Popular Posts