So What Now......



"For I know the plans I have for you." declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"


Jeremiah 29:11


Today marks the first of many things, the first day, the first Sunday, the first month, and the first time we realize its really time to act on all we have committed, challenged and resolved ourselves to do in 2017.  Lets just say its time to work the plan; what no plan?  No plan means you plan to fail. Well maybe not, lets just say it won't happen by saying magic words, and it certainly won't happen by waving a magic wand.

Successful people are successful because of their plan, the blueprints in which they follow.  Teachers don't wake up and drive to a school and magically begin to teach.  They spend years in institutions of higher learning  in preparation to become a teacher.  Then they select different fields of study such as Math, English or Science so when the student enters their classroom they are ready, they are prepared and they are equipped. 

Looking at the big picture may seem like there is no end to the tunnel.  So what now, where do we begin.   There is a a verse found in the sixth chapter of Matthew that says "But Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things will be added unto you." Matthew 6:33. So does that mean if we ask God to help us in the beginning, and I mean in the beginning of everything; every decision, every choice, every endeavor.

Over the next few weeks, I'm not about to jump on that water theory of is the glass half full or half empty,  Down in Chapter 19 of Matthew in verse 26 it reads 'Jesus looked at them and said ;With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  Give it to God, each day; no matter how big or how small.  Trust him for your health, wealth, in spite of how big or even how unattainable your goal looks to you; its possible with God

I have a exercise, why don't you join me.  I received a jar that was filled with candy as a Christmas Gift, I emptied it,  washed it out good and clean, then I took five sticky notes and wrote five individual things I want to accomplish in 2017.  Over the next three weeks I'm praying over that jar daily.  Don't Judge me, yeah I ate most of the candy but that's irrelevant. But, seriously, those things I've written down are vital to me becoming all God wants me to be, and I can't serve God if I'm not at my best, so my number one is "God create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me".  I cant serve God with malice or strife  in my heart and hey neither can you.

I have four other things, in my jar and I pray that if I live to see the beginning of 2018, I can pull those things out of my jar and say Lord again you kept your promise because I first gave it to you. God's plan is to prosper me and give me hope and a future, so my prayer is to work his plan for my life.



PYMS Voice










Comments

Popular Posts