Walking In The Light!



"Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world.  He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of the world."


John 8:12 (NKJV)


Ever looked across a room and saw someone who just stood out.  Maybe it was their dress; or the color of their hair.  Maybe you heard their voice and immediately was captivated by it.  Maybe they walked passed you and the scent of their perfume or cologne made you take a second look.   Maybe it was their walk, the way they carried themselves.  Their very presences reflected a light, that seemed worthy of  a second look, to the point we even look at  at ourselves closer.

That's funny how what we see, hear or smell can some how inspire us to change.  Others outward appearance makes us buy high heel shoes to be taller, work out to appear slimmer, sew in or cut off our hair that causes us tp have a drastic physical change.  We stop being who we  are in order to be the flicker of light that someone else appears to be.  We missed the mark, God created us to be like him.

If we are our father's children, we should resemble him.  As we read and study God's word, he somehow sheds light to what we should be.  1 John 3:2 "Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.  but we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

It's perfectly normal to pay compliments to others, but we must remember that's who they are.  God made us individuals, in his likeness.   John  who was sent from God said of himself he was not the light, but a witness of the light.  Perhaps John looked like the light, and that's why the people perceived him as the light.  My point, so what do we look like to others, do we reflect the light of God.

When others see us do we glow with the grace of God that they may want to imitated us.  Even in jeans and a t-shirt, do others recognize the difference in us? Are we a reflection of God?  Are we walking in the light?  The Psalmist says in 119:105 (KJV) 'The word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

So this is just me, when I dress in the morning, and take that second look I am somewhat concern about my impression to my peers. Would you say that's only human?  But, since I've grown in Christ, my outward appearance doesn't stand a chance if it tarnishes my witness.  I want the light from the light house to shine through me.  When people say you're glowing let it be because of what's in you heart.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Matthew 5:16 (KJV)







Comments

Popular Posts