Say My Name



" Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father".


Philippians 2:9-11 (NKJV)



I am blessed that my childhood memories were filled with joy and laughter. Most of my time was spent hanging with my friends, and building strong relationships that I still enjoy today. But in spite of the closeness we share there are times of unavailability on both our parts. Sometimes even with the numerous amount of friends and associates I have there are needs that none of them can fulfill. Sometimes my friends don’t answer; even if they answer their abilities are limited. I realize my abilities are limited as well.

As I began to mature my emotional needs changed drastically. I realized even my closes friends; the ones who knew me well could not help me. Always a church girl, and I am so thankful for those days and for those old saints who paved the way; who felt compelled to introduce me to the one name that would change my life forever; Jesus the Christ, the Savior of the world.

Well in my later years, what I have learned has kept me focused; yes ‘I’ve got off track a few times. Okay many times. But remembering the power of the name of Jesus always brought me back. My life has changed for the better just knowing who God is. Just knowing he is all that I need in all of the storms that blow into my life.

I can’t imagine the quality of life that I would have had if I had not received his gift of salvation. For instance I could not call him Comforter, in my grief. Jehovah Rapha when I am ill, for he is a healer. Immanuel for he is with us, Jehovah Jireh because he is a provider. I would not have the privilege of asking and receiving his blessings. While in my distresses he is faithful to hear my plea and answer my calls.

Recently I made a few phone calls to a friend of mind; the phone rang for several minutes only to be answered by voice mail. Although it wasn’t urgent at the time of the call, it could have been. I could have been in a desperate situation needing emergency assistance. I am grateful that whenever I call him; he hears me. No voicemail or busy signal. How do we call God, that’s funny you would ask. Prayer is our direct line to God, no Office Managers to take a message, no Phone Operators asking how they can direct our call only to be placed on hold. We can go directly to him, and he answers us directly.


In comparison to the hit song by Destiny’s Child “Say My Name” it reference the inability for her boyfriend to say her name as if she was being hid from what he could say the day before; that perhaps today he was with someone else. Yesterday she was “Baby” but today he was being evasive. Yesterday she was on pedestal, and today she was unknown. Maybe Destiny’s Child inspiration came from Peter when God asked him in Mark 8:29 (NIV) “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Peter answered, “You are the Messiah.” What about us as Christians who do we say God is?

I am not a shame of my relationship with Christ. Not a shame to call him in adversity or prosperity. Not a shame to praise or worship him in my valleys or on my mountain tops. His name is Holy. His name is mighty. Demons tremble when his name is mention. There is power in his name, why wouldn’t you call it. People have been healed in his name, ways have been made; in his name. tears have been dried in his name, captive have been made free in his name.

What other name do you know that can come close to delivering such greatness? Song writers write songs that declare that there is “Something about the name Jesus”, ‘There is a Name I love To Hear” the Bible declares in Philippians 2:9-11 (NIV) “ Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

I agree, the more I call his name the better I feel. You should try it, in every situation you find yourself in, good, bad, grief, happy, confused, angry, valley, mountain top, struggles or accomplishments acknowledge him, in gratitude, seek him, worship and praise him. There is no other name under heaven that can give us the victory. Come to know him and always Say His Name…………………………………………………Jesus!
 
PYMS Voice 














 

 

 




Comments

Popular Posts